Frequently Asked Questions – Related to ICA Singapore

Welcome to our ICA Translation Services Singapore Website, dedicated to providing answers and information related to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) in Singapore.

Whether you are a Singaporean citizen, a permanent resident, or a visitor, our goal is to address your queries and concerns effectively. Our comprehensive collection of FAQs covers a wide range of topics, including passport and visa applications, immigration procedures, IC registration, citizenship matters, and much more.

We understand the importance of accurate and up-to-date information, so we strive to provide you with reliable answers to help you navigate the ICA’s services smoothly. Whether you’re seeking clarification on documentation requirements or need guidance on various processes, our FAQs are designed to assist you.

Explore our website and find the answers you need conveniently, saving you time and effort.

Q1. Can the baby follow the mother’s surname in Singapore?

Answer – Yes, in Singapore, a baby can follow their mother’s surname. In Singapore, the choice of surname for a child is not strictly limited to the father’s surname. Parents have the flexibility to decide on the child’s surname, and it can be either the father’s or the mother’s surname or a combination of both surnames.

The Registry of Births and Deaths in Singapore allows parents to choose the child’s surname at the time of registration of the birth. They can discuss and decide on the preferred surname for their child, whether it is the father’s or the mother’s. This flexibility in naming conventions reflects Singapore’s diverse cultural and familial practices.

It is important to note that the decision regarding the child’s surname should be agreed upon by both parents, and the chosen surname will be reflected on official documents such as the birth certificate and passport.

Q2. Can we Register Identity Cards for 15-year-olds in Singapore?

Ans –Yes, In Singapore, individuals are required to register for an Identity Card (IC) at the age of 15 and above. This means that 15-year-olds in Singapore can register for an IC.

The registration process usually involves visiting the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) with the necessary documents and completing the application form. The required documents may include proof of citizenship or permanent residency, a birth certificate, passport-sized photographs, and any additional documents specified by the ICA.

It is important to note that the IC registration process may involve the presence of a parent or legal guardian, depending on the individual’s age and circumstances. It is advisable to check with the ICA or refer to their official website for the most up-to-date information and specific requirements for IC registration for 15-year-olds in Singapore.

Q.3 Do you Provide Translation for tourist visa applications to Australia?

Ans – Yes, Our Translators provide tourist visa application translation for Singaporeans who want to go to Australia.

Q.4 Need Translation of Taiwanese Driver’s license to English from traditional Chinese for Traffic Police license conversion?

Answer – Yes we provide translations to Taiwanese Driver’s license to English from traditional Chinese for Traffic Police license conversion.

Q 5. Does the Translation of “the Malaysian birth certificate to English for ICA application” needs to be notarized by SAL?

Answer – Yes, It is necessary to notarize.

Q6. Charges to translate Malaysian birth certificate to English for ICA application?

Answer – It depends on the Number of pages, language and Number of words on the document. as well as the type of document is also important. for the exact price of your documents please submit your document to us for free. Our translator will give you the lowest quote in Singapore.

Q.7 Does it necessary to translate “Renoucing of Thai citizenship documents” in Singapore?

Answer – Yes, It is necessary to translate. Hire ICA Translation Service for this, If you order today, then you avail 30% discount instantly.